Friends of Youth Employment Specialists provide job-readiness training for youth and young adults, ages 16 to 25. We secure internships where youth can develop work skills prior to being placed in full-time employment. Our interns understand the requirements of the job and are motivated to work and learn.
Our goal is not to just “fill the job”-we work to find the right fit and develop lasting relationships.
What We Offer Employers
Employers work with a Friends of Youth Employment Specialist to define specific job qualifications and skill requirements.
- Interns are placed in your company and work to gain the customized skills unique to each position.
- Wages are fully paid by Friends of Youth for the duration of the internship.
- Friends of Youth provides ongoing support to the intern and direct assistance to the employer in the event that any challenges arise.
- At the end of the internship, employers have a fully-trained applicant to consider for hiring. Hired interns receive continued support from the Employment Specialist to solidify retention and reduce turnover.
Our services are offered at no cost to you.
Isis Lara Fernandez
(425) 241-4512 or firstname.lastname@example.org